Sunday, March 1, 2009

Animated Movies

A couple weeks ago I was waiting in line somewhere and there was a TV playing Surfs Up. It was just back ground noise at first but after several minutes of watching and listening it almost gave me an anxiety attack. The same thing happened when I saw part of Cars. I'm not sure why. I don't mind an occasional animated feature, but maybe I was just bugged because it seems that every movie studio is now obligated to pump them out on a regular basis.

Animated features are much more common than they used to be. When I was younger these sort of movies were referred to as "cartoons". I can see why movie studios are so excited about these movies since they bring in a lot of cash due to kids begging their parents to take them to see them. 8 of the top 50 highest grossing movies in the US are animated and over 5o animated movies have broken the 100 million mark at the box office.

Some animated movies are definitely better than others. Below I have listed some that I enjoyed more and some that I did not like at all. Sorry if you are a Japanese anime fan, but I have never been able to get into that. I will leave you with a list some of my favorite and least favorite cartoon movies.

The Best
The Incredibles
Monsters Inc
Toy Story
Wall E
Shrek
The Lion King
Ratatouille
The Emperor's New Groove
The Little Mermaid


The Worst
Mulan
The Hunchback of Notre Dame
Home on the Range
Pocahontas
Spirit:Stallion of the Cimarron

No comments:

 
Large Association of Movie Blogs