Monday, February 21, 2011

James Bond Withdrawal

Lately I've felt something has been missing from my life. It wasn't until this week that I realized what it was. It has been two years since Quantum of Solace came out and I am having a fix for a new James Bond movie. Unfortunately, I will have to wait until  November of 2012 for Bond 23 to come out and I'm starting to get the shakes.

MGM studios had some financial problems which slowed down the production of the next film. If money was a problem, they could have contacted me and I would have taken over the role for a fraction of what they will be paying Daniel Craig.

The last I heard, Daniel Craig and Judi Dench were the only two actors who had signed on for the new installment. I've only heard rumors about who the Bond girls will be, but I hate speculating about rumors. It appears Javier Bardem was offered the role as the villain.

I was skeptical when Craig took over the role, but I've really enjoyed his style. I know some of the old school Bond fans prefer the witty, clever style (ala Roger Moore) who relied more on gadgets and intellect and seldom got his hands dirty, but I think many younger people like the physicality and unrefined nature of the latest Bond.

The Bond movies are the longest running and most successful movie series in movie history (yes, even more than the Martin Lawrence's Big Momma movies.) 007 first came to the big screen back in 1962! I've seen them all multiple times, but the first one I saw in the theater was Moonraker back in 1979. I'm used to seeing a new installment every 2-3 years so it's hard for me to wait until November of 2012 for the next one.

When Bond 23 is released, you can expect to see me in line on opening night dressed in my tuxedo. If Star Wars and Harry Potter fans can dress up, then why can't I?

No comments:

 
Large Association of Movie Blogs