Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Nacho Libre

I watched Nacho Libre again this weekend and was surprised at how funny it was. It was kind of funny the first time I saw it and just keeps getting better with time. I experienced the same thing with Dirty Rotten Scoundrels and Mystery Men. Some movies just aren't that good on your first viewing and you have to give them another shot.

I was shocked when I learned that Nacho Libre only got 5.7 Stars on IMDB. Sure, it's a stupid movie, but there are at least 7-10 scenes in that movie where Jack Black makes me laugh so hard that he should get an Oscar. Here are some of my favorite quotes from the movie.

They might have the appearance of riches, but beneath the clothes, we find a man... and beneath the man we find... his... nucleus.

Get that stinkin corn outa my face!

For God has blessed us with a new teacher. She hails from the Oaxaca Parish Convent of the Immaculate Hearts Sisters Ladies Mountains of Guadalupe. Sister Encarnacion.

I know the wrestlers get all the fancy ladies, and the clothes, and the fancy creams and lotions. But my life is good! Really good!

Those eggs were a lie, Esqueleto. A LIE! They give me no eagle powers! The give me no nutrients!

Do you remember when everyone was shouting my name, and I used my strength to rip my blouse?

Then there are Jack Black's improvised Encarnacion and Ramses songs. I think it is an under appreciated classic. I know that I am committing movie critic credibility suicide, but I have to give it 7.3 stars.

2 comments:

MikkSolo said...

I love this Movie, asked for it for my 41st Birthday!

Tutu Ripper said...

It gets better every time you watch it until one day it happens...Nacho and Esqueleto are your false idol's.

 
Large Association of Movie Blogs