Friday, November 27, 2009

2012: The Prediction and Review

I have decided to feature a new way of reviewing a movie. I am going to see 2012 in half an hour. I don't know much about the movie, but I have seen the trailer and know it's about the end of the world. I thought it would be fun to make some predictions about the movie prior to seeing it and then see how close I was. Here are my 4 predictions.


1. The special effects will be good, but will go too far. I will say "yeah right" at least 10 times.
2. John Cusack will give his best performance since Better Off Dead.
3. I predict that I will somehow be blamed for the end of the world because of my environmental habits or I will come away with a guilt trip just for being an American.
4. I'm guessing I will give it 6.0 stars or less.

Later that night

1. The special effects were amazing! I have never seen so much large scale destruction before. If you love seeing famous world landmarks destroyed, then this movie is for you. However, as predicted they were taken too far. The main character had earthquakes, volcanoes, and floods on his heels the entire movie and each escape was made in the nick of time.

2. John Cusack, Oliver Platt, and Amanda Peet were okay. Woody Haroldsen was almost unrecognizable as the crazy dude, and I prefer Morgan Freeman to Danny Glover as the President in a disaster movie.

3. I was surprisingly pleased with the cause of the destruction. It was the result of solar flares that heated the earth's core, which in turn weakened the earth's crust. There were no man made global warming implications or guilt trips about using plastic bags at the grocery store checkout line. I appreciated that.

4. Although it was not Academy Award material, it was better than I thought it would be. I give it 6.4 stars. Mostly due to the special effects.

My wife decided not to go and she should be glad she didn't. It is non stop destruction for 2 and a half hours. This movie has to have the highest body count of any movie ever made. If my calculations are correct it was around the 6 Billion mark, which is slightly higher than Robocop.

2 comments:

MikkSolo said...

I guess we will see it. I liked your predictions and I figured mine would be pretty much the same.

We did see Blind side last night and loved it! Highly recommend that one. My wife even said she wanted to own that one on DVD as we were driving away from the theater. The ultimate compliment from her.

r4i software said...

2012 is a action and thriller movie. In 2012, Charlie Frost, a radio show host who believes in the Mayans' prediction of the world ending in 2012.Very interesting movie.

 
Large Association of Movie Blogs