Saturday, February 27, 2010

3 Combined Movie Reviews

I recently watched three unrelated movies that I didn't care for. I don't have the energy to write a review for each one, so I am going to combine them in this post.

The first movie was All About Steve staring Sandra Bullock. It was not very good although it had some funny parts. I thought the best part of the movie was Thomas Haden Church, who played the Sandman in Spider-Man 3. I didn't care for him at all in that movie, but I thought he had stole the show in this movie. The movie is about an insecure woman who basically stalks a guy across the country after one short date with him. I give it 5.8 stars.

The other movie I saw was The Brothers Bloom. I had never even heard of this film and wasn't sure how it ended up in my Netflix queue. It appeared to take place in the early 1900's but then there were scenes with Lamborghinis in them. Although it featured several talented actors, I just couldn't get into it and actually stopped watching it about 20 minutes before it was over. Ouch. Sorry, I just didn't like the style of the movie. If you want to see a good movie about con men, watch the Sting or Dirty Rotten Scoundrels instead. I give it 6.1 stars and that's because I felt bad for giving up on it.

The last movie I had to endure was An American Carol. It is a film that came out last year which spoofs Michael Moore. I thought the idea sounded funny and I had heard it had poor reviews, but I figured it was because it was supposed to be a right wing comedy with a conservative message and was probably just blackballed. It was directed by David Zucker who did Airplane and Naked Gun, so I was hoping it would be funny, but I was wrong. The idea had some potential, but it was butchered. I give it 4.9 stars and that's only because it was trying to make fun of Michael Moore.

So there you have it, 3 lame movies that I am making share a review. Take note movie makers. If you want your movies to get their own review on my blog, you'd better do a better job.

No comments:

 
Large Association of Movie Blogs