Monday, September 6, 2010

Scott Pilgrim vs. the World

Scott Pilgrim vs. the World is based on a comic book. I had never heard about it before so it was all new to me. Experiencing this movie is a mix between watching a a video game and reading a comic book. It is funny, original, and very creative. Michael Cera and the rest of the cast are great in this movie.

As much as I liked this, I have to admit it may not be for everyone. Beware if you are annoyed by silly sound effects and visuals the entire movie. (It is literally like watching a video game.) I saw two older ladies come in the theater and sit down just as it started. They only lasted 20 minutes. It is definitely geared to a younger audience. There was also some content in the movie I didn't care for.

There is a little bit of everything in this movie. I features martial arts, action, comedy, music, and a love story. It is silly and doesn't take itself too seriously. My favorite scene involved a duel between Scott and one of the ex-boyfriends who had super powers from being a vegan. I give Scott Pilgrim 8.0 stars for being different, entertaining and a refreshing change from what you usually get at the movies. I've never seen anything like it.

No comments:

 
Large Association of Movie Blogs