Monday, August 14, 2017

Summer Movie Update

I have not written many movie reviews this year so it's time to catch up by posting a brief one sentence summary of the movies I've seen and posting them in order that I liked them.


Dunkirk 8.0- Good war movie and an amazing story. You can see my prior post for more details.

Wonder Woman 7.7- It's good to see a DC comic movie finally do well but I think I heard too many over the top reviews and recommendations so I was a expecting something even better than the Godfather.

Spiderman: Homecoming 7.6- Tom Holland does a good job in the latest Spiderman reboot.

Guardians of the Galaxy 2 7.5- It was a pretty good sequel to the first one.

War For the Planet of the Apes 7.5- Great special effects. Kind of dark and depressing.

King Arthur 7.2- I was surprised that hardly anyone liked it. I really enjoy Guy Ritchie's style and thought it had the coolest opening battle scene I've seen in a long time.

Masterminds 7.0- One of those dumb yet very funny movies. I actually watched it several times.

Kong: Skull Island  6.9- Cool effects but I didn't ever end up caring much about King Kong or the other characters during the movie.

Keeping up with the Joneses 6.7- Not the best comedy but there were many funny moments.

Ghost in the Shell  6.6- Don't remember a ton about this one except it was kind of Blade Runnery and Scarlet Johansson did not look very Japanese.

The Mummy 6.3- I can't remember the last time I saw a Tom Cruise movie that wasn't very good, but this one fell flat.

No comments:

 
Large Association of Movie Blogs