Wednesday, April 6, 2022

Last 5 Movies Scene Ranked

Here are some of the movies I've seen over the last couple months. As usual you are lucky to get more than two sentences from me on these. I've ranked them in order by how much I enjoyed them.

The Batman- I saw this movie twice and actually liked it a little bit more after the second viewing. This version of Batman is a little more goth, broody, and withdrawn, but I thought Pattinson did a decent job. The film  was very dark, in fact during some scenes I was wondering why the police and forensic workers didn't bother turning on any lights to look for evidence. I enjoyed it and am glad to see DC produce a better super hero movie. I give it 7.9 stars.


Death On The Nile- I've been waiting for 3 years for this movie to finally come out in theaters. I may be in the minority here, but I really liked it. Having re-watched the original recently, I was concerned there would not be any surprises but this remake took some liberties by modifying original characters, creating some interesting back stories, and still keeping some twists and surprises for viewers who may think they already know how it will turn out. I really like Kenneth Branagh and he moved up the ranks as one of my favorite actor/directors with this. I give it 7.7 stars.

Ghostbusters: Afterlife- This was a nice sequel. My kids were unfamiliar with the original Ghostbusters movies so I had to get them up to speed about the plots of the prior movies and certain details like the stay puff marshmallow man.  I liked seeing the second generation's experience with Ghostbusting and I thought it had a touching tribute to Harold Ramis and the original cast in the end. I give it 7.1 stars.

Shang-Chi and The Legend of The Ten Rings- Not a fan of the long title and maybe I'm a little burnt out on Marvel super heroes, because I've had a hard time getting excited for one since Infinity War had such a nice conclusion but I guess Disney will continue to pump out sequels, prequels, alternate universe movies, etc. Overall, I liked it, but it's not one of my favorites. I give it 6.9 stars.

The Lost City- I was not expecting anything more than a silly romantic comedy and that's what I got. I thought it was a fun movie and it didn't take itself too seriously and that always makes it easier to overlook movie flaws. I think it makes a great date movie. I give it 6.7 stars. 

No comments:

 
Large Association of Movie Blogs