Friday, April 14, 2023

Time for Sequels: Murder Mystery 2 and Avatar 2

Murder Mystery 2- I thought the first Murder Mystery movie was funny so I was glad when I saw a sequel was coming out. I watched the second movie last week and enjoyed it. When I later went on IMDB to look up the cast and trivia information, I was baffled to see it had such a low rating. As of today it is only 5.6 stars. I think that is very harsh. I just had to remind myself that Nacho Libre only has 5.8 stars, so I guess some people just don't understand what a comedy is. I'll be the first to admit that not all Sandler movies are winners, but I was entertained and laughed out loud several times during this movie and that's exactly what I wanted out of it. 

I also like Sandler's character in these movies. He's aging, a little more relaxed, and can make fun of himself. Overall, it was a silly movie and I liked it enough to give it 7.1 stars. I don't remember what I gave the original one, but it was pretty close to that too.

Avatar 2- I'm too lazy to look up the official sequel name, but it's something about water. I originally decided I wasn't going to see this, but a friend bought it and shared it, so I gave it a shot. It was better than I thought. Even though I didn't see it on a big screen, I was impressed away with the FX details behind the movie. I was blown away when I realized they had all the actual actors in the water when they filmed it and then later added the CGI and skins to everything. James Cameron's attention to detail and willingness to do things the hard way should be commended.

I give this movie 7.4 stars mostly because I still can't believe how much time, money, and details went into making it. 

No comments:

 
Large Association of Movie Blogs