Monday, August 19, 2024

Reviews of The Last 5 Movies I've seen

Many years ago, watching and reviewing movies was an exciting hobby. Today it is drudgery and reminds me of how it felt when you got behind on homework in a class. Each time I watch another movie it adds to the burden of having to report on it. Nobody reads blogs anymore, but I will still share my brief opinion of the movies I watch here. Since my last post, I've seen 4 movies and as usual, I will rank them from worst to best. 

A Quiet Place: Day One- This is a prequel in the series. It was kind of nice to get an insight as to how the original invasion took place, but overall, the movie was kind of boring. The acting was fine, but it was very slow and I almost fell asleep a time or two. My least favorite thing about this movie was that I could only eat my popcorn during scary loud scenes since so much of the movie takes place in absolute silence and everyone could hear you reaching in the container and chewing during the quiet scenes. I give it 6.2 stars. 

Twisters- This reboot had some interesting scenes, but was too fake. Apparently during tornado season, you can follow and drive up inside of tornados every day of the week and on some days, you have to choose between multiple ones. It was ok, but I can't say I enjoyed it enough to recommend it to anyone. 6.4 stars

Arthur The King- I would not have gone to see this in a theater, but I did catch it on a long flight. I'm not usually a big fan of Mark Wahlberg's acting skills, but this was one of his more convincing portrayals and his character felt real. It's more of a family friendly film about a dog that a team of endurance athletes encounter, who ends up helping them on their race. It's based on a true story and I give it 6.6 stars.

Argyle- I was really looking forward to this movie. It has a great cast and I thought I knew what it would be about from the movie trailers, but it had some unexpected surprises. It wasn't as good as I had hoped, but ironically, I enjoyed it more than the other previously mentioned movies even though the critics were of the opinion that it was the weakest of the 4. I still give it 6.7 stars.

Furiosa: A Mad Max Saga- This movie did not perform well in theaters. I'm a huge fan of Mad Max Fury Road, so when I saw George Miller was doing a prequel about the back story of Furiosa, I was excited to see this. It had a similar look and feel to Fury Road, but relied on too much CGI. It was not quite as good as a Fury Road, but I enjoyed Chris Hemsworth as a villain and was really surprised more people didn't like this movie as much as I did. I give it 7.7 stars and it was by far my favorite movie of these five.

No comments:

 
Large Association of Movie Blogs