Sunday, October 10, 2010

Extraordinary Measures

I really don't want to write a review, but it's time for an update after my last lame post, so here goes. A couple months I saw Extraordinary Measures on DVD. The movie is based on a true story of a man played by Brendan Fraser who basically quits his job and works full time to find a cure for his daughter's deadly disease.

Fraser ends up recruiting a grumpy old scientist (Harrison Ford) to help with the research needed to find a cure. They then face the task of getting corporate backing to fund their work. The movie portrays the many challenges they face as they race against the clock to find a cure.


It is an inspiring story and was pretty good, but I had a hard time getting into it. Ford's character is demanding, rude and abrasive to everyone he works with and is definitely not as likable as characters he has played in the past. Brendan Fraser was better in this than he has been in some of his recent crappy kids movies like Inkheart, Journey to the Center of the Earth, and Furry Vengence.

I give Extraordinary Measures 6.5 stars mostly because the subject matter is about finding a cure to a disease for dying kids and I would feel guilty if I gave it a lower score.

No comments:

 
Large Association of Movie Blogs