Saturday, October 2, 2010

Got Movies?

We are at the time of year where all of the big summer blockbusters have come and gone. As I have been checking out what is playing in the theaters, I realized I really don't care to see anything that is currently showing. This is sad since I love going to movies, but I just haven't been very excited to see any particular movie since Inception.

Sometimes I see a movie trailer and I say to myself "There is no way I'm ever going to watch that!" This recently happened when I saw a preview for "Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'Hoole". This appears to be a movie about owls. WARNING: I am about to be very judgmental and closed minded.

The first problem I have is the title of the movie. Are you sure you don't want to add a 3rd title to your movie while you are at it? I'm guessing this movie is based on a book. It appears to have the voice work of a talented cast. It probably has a good message and it appears to have good reviews, but it is about owls and I'm just not feeling the connection. Without seeing this movie, I am giving it a 6.3rating.

That is the first time I have reviewed a movie that I haven't even seen. Please forgive me for being an unfair jerk and judging a book by it's cover movie by its trailer. I will be more fair on my next review. Usually at the end of the year, several good movies are released in an attempt to qualify for the Oscars. I am looking forward to that time.

No comments:

 
Large Association of Movie Blogs