Wednesday, July 6, 2011

The Dilemma


I recently rented The Dilemma which stars Vince Vaughn, Kevin James, Jennifer Connelly, and Winona Ryder. This movie is about two best friends who work together in the auto industry. They get a big break and begin working together on the most important and stressful project of their careers. During this time, Vaughn discovers that Jame's wife is cheating on him. The movie is about how he deals with it and how it affects his relationship with his best friend and his relationship with his own fiance.

First of all, when I see Vaughn and James paired in a movie I am expecting a full blown comedy, but this was a drama with some occasional humorous overtones. How would you feel if you rented a drama starring Anthony Hopkins and Judi Dench and then find out it's actually a comedy? I'm not a big Vaughn fan, but I thought he did a great job of portraying a conflicted and concerned friend. I really bought the close relationship between the two of them.

This movie is directed by Ron Howard. It is not very fast paced and takes a while to get going. I was kind of mad once I realized this movie featured some seriously stressful relationship issues because I just wanted to watch something funny before I went to bed. Instead I got a Bromance that was pretty stressful to watch. I give The Dilemma it 6.4 stars. It's not the best, and it's not that funny, but Vaughn gives a solid performance.

No comments:

 
Large Association of Movie Blogs