Wednesday, March 7, 2012

The Double

Last night I watched The Double...sort of. At least I turned it on and started it and I also saw the ending. I'm just glad I didn't have to take any test about what happened in the middle of the movie. Below I will share the keen observations I made as I drifted in and out of sleep while "watching" it.

The movie starts out with the FBI spying on and tailing a suspect who is suddenly murdered by a mystery assassin. He has a calling card of slitting his victim's throats and I think he is a Russian spy. Anyway the government tries to enlist Richard Gere to come help them with the case since he is a spy with a lot of experience. They want him to work with a new agent played by Topher Grace. Every time I saw him, I could only think of Venom from Spiderman 3.

The rest of the movie is pretty much a blur, but I woke up at one point because I heard An officer and a gentleman screaming. I looked up to see him pointing a gun at a ladies head threatening her trying to get information from her. I thought that was not very nice of him.

I woke up later during a shootout in a warehouse or industrial building. The Pretty Woman guy and his young partner ended up speaking in Russian to each other so I guess they were both Russian plants that our government didn't know anything about. I hope that doesn't count as a spoiler.

I woke up again to more gunfire and saw Somersby get shot and hunch over and die. Then there was a crane shot panning out at the end.

I forgot to mention that Martin Sheen is in this movie too. He and Richard Gere are both getting older and now have silver hair. Some day I will have silver hair too like them. That is the main thing I learned from this movie. Life is short, remember to live each day to the fullest. I'm not sure if that is the tagline to this movie, but it should be. I give The Double 6.2 stars. I'm sorry I slept through most of it.

No comments:

 
Large Association of Movie Blogs