Wednesday, February 22, 2012

My Top 30 Favorite Actresses

A couple years ago I come up with a list of my favorite actors. Since that time, I have been trying to make a list of my favorite actresses, but it is a lot harder than I expected. I find it is hard not to judge an actress by her looks. I think good looks can be one of the things that can makes an actress more appealing to viewers, but I don't want to turn this list into a beauty pageant.

Below is a list of some of the actresses I have enjoyed watching over the years. Please don't take offense because I left many of the old school big names like Audrey Hepburn, Bette Davis, Elizabeth Taylor, and Katherine Hepburn off my list. I'm not claiming these are necessarily the greatest actresses, just ones I usually like seeing in movies.

Charlize Theron
Jennfer Connelly
Helen Miren
Sigourney Weaver
Meryl Streep
Jodie Foster
Natalie Portman
Angelina Jolie
Naomi Watts
Sandra Bullock
Nicole Kidman
Julianne Moore
Halle Barry
Michelle Pfeiffer
Diane Lane
Emma Thompson
Keira Knightly
Judi Dench
Monica Belluci
Gwyneth Paltrow
Vanessa Redgrave
Rachel McAdams
Lauren Bacall
Kathy Bates
Kate Blanchet
Maggie Smith
Julia Roberts
Helena Bonham Carter
Penelope Cruz
Helen Hunt

No comments:

 
Large Association of Movie Blogs