Sunday, May 20, 2012

The Three Stooges


I recently took my younger kids to see the Three Stooges. They were not disappointed.... but they are little kids and don't know better.

I wasn't expecting much from this movie, however, I was pleasantly surprised that the three lead actors were able to portray the original 3 Stooges as well as they did. That being said, this movie probably would have been better as a short video tribute paying homage to the original characters as opposed to an entire movie.

This film was directed by Bobby and Peter Farley who's prior films include There's Something about Mary, Hall Pass, Shallow Hal, and Dumb and Dumber. I was impressed that they geared this movie more towards kids and toned it down to a PG rating. There is still some crude humor in it, but I'm sure it's not nearly as offensive as some of their other work.

If you like slapstick comedy and physical gags or if you are a fan of the original, then you may find this entertaining, but it is not nearly as good as I had hoped. I give The Three Stooges 5.8 stars.



No comments:

 
Large Association of Movie Blogs