Thursday, August 23, 2012

The Bourne Legacy Insights


When I saw they were making another Bourne movie, without Matt Damon, I was very skeptical. I wasn't expecting much from the Bourne Legacy, but I actually enjoyed it despite some minor problems. If you are familiar with my blog, you know that every post contains spoilers so proceed at your own risk.

I thought Jeremy Renner was great in the lead role and I felt he was even more believable as a government assassin than Matt Damon was as Jason Bourne.

I'm not a big Rachel Weisz fan, but she had a good performance. The scene where she was being interrogated in her home was very intense and memorable.

If you would have told me the main character beats up a wolf and makes him swallow a tracking device and then the wolf is blown up by a laser tracking missile seconds later, I would not have given the movie much credibility, but I was somehow able to overlook this.

Jeremy Renner is not Canadian, but I think he must have been in a prior life. It's just a hunch I have.

Despite problems that critics and fans of the series have complained about, what's not to love about the concept of being a rogue secret agent that the government is trying to take out by using all of their secret  programs and resources?

With all the flashbacks, I was hoping there would have been a final cameo appearance by Matt Damon at the end of the movie, but there was not.

I give the Bourne Legacy 7.2 stars, but I'm a little worried that they will soon run out of suffix words for any future sequels.

No comments:

 
Large Association of Movie Blogs