Sunday, August 12, 2012

Transformers "Dark of the Moon"


After seeing the second Transformers movie I decided I was done with Transformers, but I recently gave The Dark of the Moon a chance since it was streaming free on Netflix. The third installment was not as crude, dirty, or stupid as the second movie, but it still sucked.

I can take only so much pointless effects set to dramatic music. I like cool special effects and this movie had lots of them, so many in fact that I felt it was over done. The whole movie is pretty much explosions, robots transforming into vehicles, fighting, robot sounds, and destruction. I usually like this kind of stuff, but it went on way too long. It was just ridiculous and made me feel old.

Every time one of the Autobots and Decepticons spoke it almost made me laugh since that they took themselves so seriously. To quote Optimus Prime "In any war, there are calms between the storms. There will be days when we lose faith, days when our allies turn against us. But the day will never come, that we forsake this planet and its people."




I think Shia Lebeouf can be a good actor, but I don't think this franchise has helped his acting career. I didn't care for Shia's girlfriend in this movie. She came across as an unrealistic, fragile, porcelain doll. I later found out she is a Victorias Secret model who landed the role. She made Megan Fox look like a great actress. The laws of physics were completely ignored for this movie, but what do you expect from a movie based on cartoons and toys.

I can't blame Michael Bay for continuing to make these movies since people still go see them and they make him money. If he offered me to be in another Transformers movie, I'd gladly accept. That doesn't keep me from giving Transformers "Dark of the Moon" also know as "Transformers 3" by people like myself who refuse to give too much respect to the move just 6.0 stars.

No comments:

 
Large Association of Movie Blogs