Monday, February 18, 2013

4 Movie Reviews!

Here Comes the Boom- This is a typical Kevin James comedy. It is about a high school biology teacher who gets involved in mixed martial arts as a way to make money to save his school's music program. It is far fetched but I thought there were some really funny parts. I enjoyed the first half more before the movie started to take itself too seriously. I give it 6.6 stars.



Warm Bodies- I saw this movie only knowing it was a zombie comedy. It is basically a remake of Romeo and Juliet but it involves a love story between a zombie and a live young woman he has feelings for. I really liked this movie. I try not to use the word cute, but it was a cute story and was a good combination of romance and comedy. I thought it was clever, entertaining, and had a good message. I give it 7.5 stars.



Bully-This is a documentary about the problem of bullying in schools. It  featured many victims and even some of the bullies. It is a sad problem that affects so many kids and I don't mean any disrespect to those heart breaking incidents that it featured, but I didn't think the documentary was done that well and it was kind of slow. I give it 6.3 stars.



Jack Reacher- This movie was much better than I expected. Tom Cruise is an ex- U.S. Army investigator who gets involved in an investigation for an ex- military sniper accused of going on a shooting rampage in Pennsylvania. Reacher is much like a modern day Sherlock Holmes. There is plenty of suspense and mystery as he pieces together details of the crime, but there is also plenty of action in this movie. I had a hard time taking Rosamund Pike seriously as the female lead but besides that, I really liked this movie which included a surprise acting role by Werner Herzog as a freaky villain. I think I would actually like seeing more episodes of Jack Reacher than I would of future Mission Impossible movies. I'd love to see it turn into a series. I give it 8.1 stars.




No comments:

 
Large Association of Movie Blogs