Saturday, May 4, 2013

Two Mediocre Movies

Frequently when I see a movie that wasn't so great I tend to put off writing a review for it. It's no fun doing a write up about a movie you didn't really enjoy. Several weeks ago I saw two movies and neither one impressed me. As a result I am going to do two short reviews on the same post. The culprit movies were One For The Money and Saints and Soldiers: Airborne Creed.

One For the Money was not nearly as bad as the 2% critic approval rating it got on Rotten Tomatoes, but it was still lacking. It felt more like I was watching an episode from a TV show that is soon to be cancelled about a lady bounty hunter more than it did an actual movie. I give it 5.8 stars.

Saints and Soldiers: Airbourne Creed is a sort of sequel. Actually, I'm not sure if it's really a sequel but it is not nearly as good as the original movie that came out 9 years ago. As much as I enjoy war movies and respect "the greatest generation", I could not get into this low budget film. It just felt flat and I could not figure out what point or message the movie was trying to make. I give it 6.2 stars.


No comments:

 
Large Association of Movie Blogs