Tuesday, July 2, 2013
Iron Man 3
As my life gets more hectic, my movie reviews are starting to resemble Tweets. Maybe some day I will see a movie that I like enough to do a real review for. In the mean time, I'd like to give my take on Iron Man 3. I know it's dumb to pick apart a comic book movie as if it were a historical drama but there were some inconsistencies I had a hard time ignoring.
Iron Man is not that great of a guy. Tony Stark is arrogant and rude and I'd probably hate him if he were a real life person but it's nice to see a hero who is not perfect and has to deal with his problems.
Ben Kingsly was great and I was not expecting the twist at the end involving his character.
The airplane scene where Iron Man had to rescue the falling crew was pretty cool.
Pepper Potts takes more action than we have seen in the past.
This movie had a great cast so what was bothered me? Here are a list of things.
1) A villain that not only cured his acne and posture with genetic engineering, but he is able to turn into the heat miser and breathe fire.
2) There were too many super human soldiers and they would heat up to 3,000 degrees yet it didn't burn their clothes? (I have the same problem with Hulk's clothes returning to normal after he morphs back)
3) The cute little sidekick boy. No thanks.
4) If the Iron Man suit can withstand explosions and aliens, how come a kid can effortlessly break the fingers off like a piece of peanut brittle?
5) Too many Iron Man machines. One or two are cool but a fleet of them is over doing it.
I'm not one of those comic book fans who freaks out when liberties are taken with the Marvel characters so I didn't care about a lot of stuff that may have bothered others. I still give Iron Man 7.2 stars and I felt it was entertaining.