Monday, February 24, 2014

5 More Short Movie Reviews

In keeping with the neglectful tradition of sharing incomplete and incoherent movie reviews, here are the last five movies I've seen. I've kept it short since I know you are busy.

42- This was a good movie but I was hoping to enjoy it a little bit more. It seemed to end very abruptly in dramatic fashion but I was still waiting for more story. Oh Well. I give it 7.2 stars.

The Saratov Approach- This wasn't really trying to push a religious message like one might expect and it showed that Mormon missionaries are normal people too (especially when they get kidnapped.) 7.3 stars.

Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit- I'm always up for any Jack Ryan sequel, prequel, reboot, or whatever this movie was, but it seemed too fake in many scenes. It still enjoyed it but it could have been much better. I especially enjoyed Kenneth Brannagh as the bad guy. I wanted to like this movie more and was really looking forward to it, but it only gets 6.8 stars.

All Is Lost- I liked Robert Redford in this even though it was a slow movie with no dialogue. It could have used a tiger or a volleyball as a supporting actor. This movie reinforced my fear of the ocean and reminded me of the song from Water Boy "Water sucks, it really really sucks". 6.9 stars.

Enders Game- I never read the book, so I don't know what to compare it to, but I would have enjoyed it more if it weren't all kids in the cast except for a few adults. I felt like a chaperone at a junior high dance while watching this. I was also expecting more from Ben Kingsley than a 5 minute cameo. I also wish Harrison Ford would have said "Don't get cocky kid" at some point in the movie but he didn't. I give it 6.6 stars.

No comments:

 
Large Association of Movie Blogs