Sunday, June 6, 2010

Kid's Movie Reviews

Over the last month I have seen some movies that were made for younger viewers. It's not that I wanted to see the following movies, but I am just an awesome parent and watched these with my kids. I saw Percy Jackson and the Olympians, Diary of a Wimpy Kid, The Spy Next Door, and G-Force. Since I couldn't bring myself to do an official review on each of them, I am doing a brief summary and rating of each one.

Percy Jackson and the Olympians- It was OK if you are into the fantasy type of books with parallel universes. You also might like it if you are trying to teach your kids about mythology. There is some disturbing imagery in this movie and by that I mean seeing Pierce Brosnan as a centaur. 6.2 stars.

Diary of a Wimpy Kid- I had just recently skimmed through some of the books in this series and thought the movie would be funny. There were about 5 things that made me laugh during the movie. It had some potential but overall I wasn't too impressed. 6.1 stars.

The Spy Next Door- I'm a huge Jackie Chan fan so it hurts me to see him utilized like this. If you saw the Pacifier with Vin Diesel, then you have seen this. I had a hard time staying awake. 5.1 Stars.

G-Force- This is about Hamsters who are spies for the government. Enough said. I'm getting tired of celebrity voices in animated and CG movies. 5.0 stars

All four are pretty mediocre and cheesy. If you happened to be scheduled for execution this week and are given a request for a final movie, then I would suggest you forgo the above movies. If you have kids, they will probably enjoy each of these movies. I guess that is a comment about our society. Adults frequently don't like movies they let their kids watch. That's kind of like feeding rotten food to your kids that you don't want since they aren't discriminating enough to know better.

No comments:

 
Large Association of Movie Blogs