Monday, June 28, 2010

The A-Team

I'm not a big fan of movies that are remakes of TV shows. When I first saw the trailer for the A-Team, I shook my head in disgust. I was never really into the A-Team when it was on TV to begin with so I wasn't up for a dumb re-make. For some reason I decided to check this movie out and I'm glad I did.

There are movies that have a sense of realism to them like The Pelican Brief and Black Hawk Down and then there are movies like The Transporter and Commando where you have to turn off your brain during the opening scene or you'd end up saying "yeah right" the entire movie. I knew The A-Team was in the latter category so I decided to shift mind gears and go along with it. I loved the introduction to the movie. It had me hooked from the opening scene.

I also laughed out loud several times during this movie which is a plus since it was not billed as a comedy. There is some of the funniest dialogue between Brian Bloom and Patrick Wilson during one of the scenes. I also liked Bradly Cooper and Liam Neeson's characters. Rampage Jackson wasn't bad, but he's no Mr. T. I guess Jessica Biel was cast to make it even more of a guy movie.

The A-Team is overblown, ridiculous, and stupid, and I loved it! I honestly can't remember the last time I had so much fun at the movies. I'd have to classify it as a guilty pleasure. The biggest fault this movie has is the totally over the top final action scene. I was prepared for fake stuff, but the CGI effects at the boat dock looked horrible and I felt like I was watching a cartoon towards the end of the movie. Aside from that detraction, I really liked it and give it 7.6 stars.
 
Large Association of Movie Blogs