Friday, June 18, 2010

Sherlock Holmes

This review will be short but I have been putting it off for too long and I figure a lame short review would be better than a lame long one. To summarize things: I liked it. I think one reason I enjoyed it was the stylized and unique feel it had. I'm not sure if it was because of the historical time period or if was because of Guy Ritchie's is directing style.

I am not a Sherlock Holmes expert, but I thought Downey did a good job with the role. I maintain my theory that Robert Downey Jr. can do no wrong these days and has made a miraculous turn around with his career. The performances by Jude Law and Mark Strong were also good, but I didn't really get Rachel McAdams in this movie and she just didn't seem to fit.

Overall it is a light hearted, entertaining mystery movie and I give it 7.4 stars.

No comments:

 
Large Association of Movie Blogs