Monday, June 13, 2011

3D Is So Overrated!

I just don't get the 3D movie craze. I thought it was a gimmick back in the 50's when it was popular, but technology has brought 3D movies back with a vengeance. I'm really surprised at how many movies are going with this trend.

Some movies are better 3D candidates than others. I saw Avatar at a 3D IMAX theater and I thought it was pretty cool, but I just think too many movies are trying to use it. I knew things were out of control when The King's Speech came out in 3D. Okay, maybe I'm exaggerating but I still think it's over done.

I feel insulted when a movie throws in special effects specifically for the purposes of having something shoot out of the screen at the viewer. It reminds me of Dr. Tongue's 3D movies on Monster Chiller Horror Theater on SCTV.



Sorry for being such a party pooper, but I think 3D is over rated and over priced. I think I'll stick with my view master for those occasions when I need to experience cool 3D effects.

1 comment:

Jen Yak said...

I totally agree. Blake and I never see movies in 3D.

 
Large Association of Movie Blogs