Saturday, June 18, 2011

Hanna


After seeing the trailer for Hanna, I figured it was a movie about a teenage girl who had been raised from birth to be an assassin. I still had many unanswered questions about the plot, so I was looking forward to seeing this to get all the details behind the story.

Hanna takes place in Europe so there is a different feel to it. Several things about it reminded me of the Bourne movies and Identity. This movie is directed by Joe Wright who also directed the Soloist and Pride and Prejudice. I was surprised that he is so versatile when it comes to the genres of his movies.

Why is Tom Hollander always a bad guy?
There were many times during the movie when I kept asking myself "what the heck?" and was curious to get more information about how the story was going to unfold. Hanna features a techno soundtrack by The Chemical Brothers and between the music and the cinematography, it comes across more artsy than most spy/action movies. I'm sure there is a large segment of viewers who won't care for this movie at all because it is so different.

There is quite a bit of violence and some really weird and freaky characters featured in this movie. It also has several plot holes and some inconsistencies, but I still give Hanna 7.2 stars.

No comments:

 
Large Association of Movie Blogs