Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Megamind

I'm not usually a fan of animated features, but I decided to give Megamind a shot. It is about two children from different planets who are sent to earth when their civilizations were destroyed. One was sent to an ideal home and became the super hero Metro Man. The other grew up among criminals and became the villain Megamind.

The movie features the battle between the these two as well as another character named Titan who wants to be the most powerful person in Metro City. What makes Megamind enjoyable is the fact that he is so human and flawed (even though he is technically an alien.)

This movie is pretty entertaining for a cartoon. It features the voice talents of Will Ferrell, Brad Pitt, Tina Fey, and David Cross. Several scenes made me laugh and I haven't enjoyed an animated film this much since The Incredibles. I give Megamind 7.4 stars.

No comments:

 
Large Association of Movie Blogs