Saturday, April 2, 2011

Limitless


I recently saw Limitless and I really enjoyed it. Limitless is about a loser struggling writer who is introduced to a drug call NZT that helps you access 100% of your brain power. By taking the drug he is able to organize and clean his life up and make some amazing changes. He multiplies his money, talents, and intellect in a very short amount of time but soon finds out that there are dangerous side effects associated with the drug. If that wasn't enough of a problem, there are also people who are trying to kill him for it.

I have mixed feelings about the subject matter since the movie kind of glorifies drug use, but it also addresses drug abuse, and dependence. Since NZT is a fictional drug, it didn't hit home as hard as it would if the featured drug was one that currently plagues society.

There were scenes when I felt Cooper was almost being transformed into a superhero just from taking the pill similar to how Popeye was empowered by eating Spinach. This movie features drama, action, suspense, and science fiction.

All of the performances were good and I really liked Bradley Cooper in this. He did a great job of portraying a wide range of emotions during the ups and downs he went through as a result of using the drug. I also liked the visual effects. They were subtle, but very effective.

This is one of the better movies I have seen in a long time. It was original and entertaining and it was better than what I was expecting from the trailer. I give it 8.2 stars.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I heard from a trusted movie buff that this was a must see. I have not seen it yet. I am a huge movie buff and I found your blog from another blog. I enjoyed ready all of your posts.

 
Large Association of Movie Blogs