Friday, November 5, 2010

The Bounty Hunter

I recently saw The Bounty Hunter on DVD. I was afraid it was only going to be a mediocre movie and I was right. Gerard Butler and Jennifer Aniston star as a recently divorced couple.

She is a reporter and he is a bounty hunter. They split on bad terms so when he sees his ex wife has a warrant out for her arrest for skipping bail, he's more than happy to take her in. He basically kidnaps her, but before he can take her to jail, the mob and crooked cops come after them because Aniston has been snooping around and has uncovered some information about a fake suicide and police corruption . The two of them have to join forces to survive and during the process they fall in love again. Oops, I forgot to give a spoiler warning.

It's not that the movie was particularly bad, but it just seemed like an average romantic comedy. It just wasn't very romantic or very funny. I snickered a couple times at some jokes and a few parts, but it wasn't that great. I didn't really buy those two as being a couple either. Maybe I was just distracted at how much I thought Gerard Butler looked like Russell Crowe. I give it 5.8 stars.

No comments:

 
Large Association of Movie Blogs